Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William McLean born in Glasow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 29 Sep 2011 17:37

I have been asked by a very close friend of my husband to try to find his father's details.
I have started a tree on Anc....y but have found people on here very helpful re my tree.

Names

Roderick McLean born in Glasow Scotlad 1943
Father William McLean
Mother willamena. I am not sure of the spelling of her name.

Also can I have two different trees on here and is that under present costs.

Thank you

Bridget

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 29 Sep 2011 22:02

You can not view online Scottish births within the last 100 years

Scotlandspeople, which is a pay to view site, would give you the details needed to order the birth cert.

Scottish birth certs normally give both parents details and the date of when they married although sometimes the date is incorrect.

Scottish marriages can only be viewed online if more than 75 years ago but again scotlandspeople would give you the info to order the cert

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 30 Sep 2011 08:29

GlitterBaby

Thank you for your message and the info, I will definitely use it when I get home, easier on my computer than on the iPad.

Bridget :-)

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 4 Oct 2011 23:19

Glitter baby

I have Not forgotten you suggestion but will not be at home until the weekend.

Bridget