Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotland..Bernard O'Neill m. Mary Mulryan 1900's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UlsterClans

UlsterClans Report 29 Sep 2011 14:55

Scotland-
Looking for a marriage Lookup For Bernard O'Neill married to Mary Mulryan early 1900's.
Bernard came from Drummurrer/Clonoe Tyrone.. His parents are James and Mary O'Neill (she is also O'Neill to her maiden name) from Drummurrer/Clonoe Tyrone..
Mary I think was scottish but maybe irish not sure..But i cannot find their marriage certificate here in Ireland, but they definately lived in scotland before the 1911 census in Ireland.

This is the info a cousin gave me recently.....
Bernard and Mary had 6 kids in Scotland....
Susan d. ------m.Gerry Myers Motherwell
Sarah (sadie)d. ------
Kathleen (Kitty)d. ------m. Martin Hopkins
James -----
John d.-----
Thomas d.---------

All above lived in scotland..Probably all motherwell area but not sure.
Any info concerning any of the above would be most welcome.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read this.

Tricia

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 29 Sep 2011 16:42

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

no marriage of a Mary Mulryan after 1890 ( I didn't try to narrow it down from 1855 to 1890 )

7 marriages of a Bernard O'Neill to a Mary 1900 to 1920

you might want to buy minimum credits to see those results ( on one page ) to see whether any is possible ( in case Mary's surname was misspelled etc. )

the information you have about her name is only word of mouth with no certificates or other evidence ?

you can also search the 1911 Scottish census there ... look for children of the known couples ...

there are Mary Mulryan marriages in Ireland around the time shown at familysearch.org

Irish civil registration records there do not show the spouses in marriages

have you checked each of them to be sure there is no Bernard O'Neill with the same registration details ? e.g.

name: Mary Mulryan
registration district: Tuam
event type: MARRIAGES
registration quarter and year: Apr - Jun 1908
volume number: 4
page number: 221
digital folder number: 4199363

... there is no matching Bernard O'Neill registration

that is the only way to be sure there was no marriage in Ireland

I searched for marriages for Mary Mulryan 1905 +/- 10 years in Ireland for example

then copy the information for each to a document

and use the year and place to search for marriages for Bernard O'Neill

I don't see a Bernard O'Neill of soon to be marriageable age in Co Tyrone in the 1901 census with parents James and Mary ... is he there ?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

just wondered whether there might be a Mary Mulryan in the same vicinity ... but it seems there is no Mary Mulryan in Co Tyrone ... nor is there one in the 1901 Scottish census ... have you looked at scotlandspeople for a suitable birth for her ?

UlsterClans

UlsterClans Report 3 Oct 2011 21:09

Chrissie
Thanx so much for all your help..Really apreciated.
Im about to get some info on the fone about this case will get back to you.
Thankyou again for taking the time and trouble to do this .

Tricia

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Oct 2011 21:27

If you get one of the children birth certificates it will give date of marriage for Bernard and Mary even if they didnt marry in Scotland,

UlsterClans

UlsterClans Report 5 Oct 2011 21:31

He is definately not in any irish census 1901-1911..his parents and siblings all are!

Bernard went to scotland around 1899 apparently he was only 12..Relatives may have already lived in scotland it seems...He eventually married mary mulrine (not mulryan) and had 6 kids..

Susan d.
Kathleen (kitty)m.Gerry Mays ...Motherwell
Sarah (sadie)d. ------
James d.-----
John d.-----
Thomas d.---------he had daughter called Eileen

I cant seem to get further as all contact with that family was lost