Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My grandad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzzie

Suzzie Report 26 Sep 2011 20:16

Hi would very much like to get any info on my grandad only problem is i cant find it anywhere then i realised it was because he came from scotland could anyone help. his name was John Archibald Davidson and came from a little town outside Glasgow called kirkintilloch. he was born in january 1911 maybe december 1910, he apparently was born on a boat coming out of canada, we know one of his two/three daughters lived in kent around the time he died in january 1997 would really like to get in touch with them i think her name is/was margeret or mary lol not very much to go on im afraid but any help would be very grateful
Thankyou for your time
Suzzie Davidson

jax

jax Report 26 Sep 2011 21:43

??

Name: John Archibald Davidson
Birth Date: 1 Jan 1910
Date of Registration: Jan 1997
Age at Death: 87
Registration district: Hove
Inferred County: Sussex
Register number: 81C
District and Subdistrict: 4571
Entry number: 114

If this is his death cert maybe the daughter registered it

jax

jax Report 26 Sep 2011 21:47

There is this one coming in from CAnada

Name: John Davidson
Birth Date: abt 1909
Port of Departure: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Arrival Date: 9 Jun 1919
Port of Arrival: Glasgow, Scotland
Ship Name: Saturnia
Search Ship Database: View the 'Saturnia' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Anchor Donaldson Line
Official Number: 129489

maybe not they were heading for Edinburgh

Suzzie

Suzzie Report 27 Sep 2011 09:43

My aunt registered his death but the info above im def going to investigate thanx loads