Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

STEPHEN STEWART

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Taejah

Taejah Report 24 Sep 2011 19:15

Looking for a Stephen Stewart born in the 60's/70's. He's Dad is called Graham Stewart (born 08/12/1947).

Have tried to search tree's but very hard as i dont know the year or place of birth. Also have sent messages to possible family tree links but with no response as yet. New to GR and not sure if people regulary check their inbox.

ANY help very appreciated as i feel ive hit a brick wall.
Thanks

Penny

Penny Report 24 Sep 2011 20:29

You must have some idea where he was born.Which continent ....?
Mums name?
Were mum & dad married?

Taejah

Taejah Report 25 Sep 2011 03:50

Born in England but not sure what area. He's Dad Graham Stewart was based in London so maybe not too far from that area.
Dont know what he's mums name is but i heard his dad Graham and his mum married when they were quite young and then had him.

Graham then met my mum and i was born in 1987,
Graham is no longer alive.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Sep 2011 09:19

This must be his birth:

Births Dec 1947
Stewart Graham Prescot Liverpool N. 10d 220

If you search for births on FreeBMD with that surname and mother's maiden name you will see siblings.

Rose

Flick

Flick Report 25 Sep 2011 23:24

Can we assume that Graham did not marry your mother?

Is the spelling of your half-brother's name definitely as you have posted it?

Flick

Flick Report 25 Sep 2011 23:38

You should look in search trees for the person whose details you know............

I notice you haven't listed his birthplace.......didn't you know it?

Taejah

Taejah Report 26 Sep 2011 12:43

I searched on FREEBMD with the surname Stewart and morthers maiden name of that particular birth - Prescot. It came up with a marriage in March 1947. Possibility that could be my grandparents. Very interesting. Thank you for directing me to that website.

Is there anyway of finding out the actual date of the births rather than just the year of birth.
I dont know much information but the one thing is do know is my Dad's (Graham Stewart) actual D.O.B 08.12.1947

Taejah

Taejah Report 26 Sep 2011 12:52

Unfortunately I do not know my Dad's birth place or my half brothers birth place.
I know he's D.O.B and I know he married my half brothers mum but later got divorced. He did not marry my mum.

I have tried to start the base of the search on my dad as I know more info about him. There are a handful of Graham Stewart's born in 1947 but not sure exactly how to pin point which is definitely him.

I do not know anything else, I do not know my grandparents or any other family. I did not see my dad regularly and did not know him that well, although the last time I saw my dad in 2004, he mentioned that he has not spoken to his son Stephen (not 100% sure of spelling) in years but saw him in a paper once with what looked like his wife and kids. I remember him saying it was something to do with or possibly based around the army.

Flick

Flick Report 26 Sep 2011 14:43

Suggest you try to make contact with the GR member who has as entry for GS born Liverpool c1948

If you think your half-brother may have served in the Army, try Forcesreunited

Flick

Flick Report 26 Sep 2011 14:44

If the birth posted earlier is your father.....he had two siblings.

Their births are on freebmd

Taejah

Taejah Report 26 Sep 2011 15:38

Thank you SO much. Much appreciated.
What a great help.
I have looked on freebmd and seen the two siblings so I can look into this further. I will also try Forces reunited and contact GR member.

Taejah

Taejah Report 28 Sep 2011 14:09

Once you find possible relatives on GR or you find someone who may have the same person in their tree - How do you contact them?

I have messaged several people through GR mailbox and no response back from anyone.
Is it a waiting game or is their another way to contact people?

Thanks

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 8 Oct 2011 17:22

this thread is old now but I have just seen that I had left the tab open and had meant to post some info for reference so I will add it now

also Taejah to check whether someone has read your message look in 'sent messages' ... if the envelope beside the message is still purple they have not read it ... this is usually because they have changed their email address since registering here and do not receive notices of messages, and do not visit the site regularly to see messages

----------

unfortunately Graham Sr did not have a middle name ... this is his death record just for our reference

Name: Graham Stewart
Birth Date: 8 Dec 1947
Date of Registration: Mar 2005
Age at Death: 57
Registration district: Croydon
Inferred County: London, Surrey
Register number: A67B
District and Subdistrict: 225/1A
Entry number: 281

you lost your dad very young :-(

his birth could have been registered in early 1948 but there were no Graham Stewarts registered then so if the date of birth and name on his death record are correct he must have been born in Liverpool ... I won't put the details here as this could be incorrrect

to see whether the date of birth for that birth matches your dad's you would have to get the birth certificate

Taejah

Taejah Report 10 Oct 2011 14:55

Thank you so much for responding to this even though my post is old.
I am desperate to find information and not really sure what to do so this is very much appreciated.

The death that you have mentioned is absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately he lost contact with his family and I am desperate to at least know my grandparents name and information about my half brother.

I have not had any response from people that I have messaged through the website so I think my next step will be to request a birth certificate to see if the date of birth matches up as you have suggested - the birth in Liverpool has been the strongest lead so far.

Even if it is not the correct one I can at least start narrowing my search down.