Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yates family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jocelyn

Jocelyn Report 23 Sep 2011 19:34

I am helping a friend, David Yates, with his family research. David lives in Bedfordshire, and would very much like to make contact with members of his father’s family.
His father, who died when David was very young, was Harry Stanley Yates, born in 1901 & died in 1941.
Harry’s brothers were James Clifford Yates & Frank William Yates.
David’s grandparents were Samuel & Lizzie Yates from Croft, Warrington.
If you belong to this family, I would appreciate it if you could contact me, and I will pass messages on to David.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 23 Sep 2011 19:46

Have you tried a search on this site to see if anyone else is looking for the family,
Good luck,
Liz

Flick

Flick Report 24 Sep 2011 08:21

Name: James Clifford Yates
Birth Date: 9 Dec 1907
Date of Registration: Jul 1984
Age at Death: 76
Registration district: Warrington
Inferred County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Volume: 35
Page: 800

Name: Frank William Yates
Birth Date: 6 Aug 1911
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1976
Age at Death: 65
Inferred County: Cheshire
Page: 0848

Informant(s) may be relatives.......

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Sep 2011 08:52

If you have no luck finding contacts, it might be an idea to get this death cert to see who the informant is:

Name: James Clifford Yates
Birth Date: 9 Dec 1907
Date of Registration: Jul 1984
Age at Death: 76
Inferred County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Page: 800

Name: Frank William Yates
Birth Date: 6 Aug 1911
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1976
Age at Death: 65
Inferred County: Cheshire
Page: 0848

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Sep 2011 08:56

Have just checked Ancestry and someone has James in their tree, married to Winnifred Wynn Jones, and with 2 living children.

Similarly with Frank, married to Mary Catherine Jones.

Jan

Jocelyn

Jocelyn Report 31 Jan 2012 11:18

Thanks everyone for your help. David is now in touch with his cousins, but no one knows where his father was buried.
Jocelyn.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 31 Jan 2012 11:48

Perhaps if David got a copy of his fathers death certificate and then first stop try the local nearest cemetry to where he lived,,the local council of cemetry &parks should hold burial copies for council run cemetries.

Flick

Flick Report 31 Jan 2012 12:56

He may not have been buried............

Kay????

Kay???? Report 31 Jan 2012 14:43

If he wasnt there will still be a record of cremation,also it was 1941 in the mist of WW2 so travling many miles may not have been an option with petrol shortage in force.!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 31 Jan 2012 20:01

Is this his fathers death as he needs to get the cert and he could always look for notices in the papers.

Deaths Sep 1941 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yates Harry S 40 Gloucester C. 6a 636

i have looked on the NBI for the burial but nothing is showing for Harry S Yates.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn Report 1 Jun 2012 13:26

Harry was born in Croft, Warrington. His address on the death cert. was Poole, Dorset, occupation Traffic control officer, Air Ministry, but he died in Royal Infirmary, Gloucester. Still not able to find burial. Any ideas? Joy

Jocelyn

Jocelyn Report 4 Aug 2012 12:08

Thanks everyone for your help. I have now found the buial in Tredworth Road Cemetery, Gloucester. Thanks to the archives in Gloucester.
Joy