Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Johnny Dye WWII US Airforce Pilot.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DTBK

DTBK Report 23 Sep 2011 14:53

Ok, I don't actually know if this guy is alive or not. But his daughter (my Aunty) is so I'm a little unsure as to how much information I should reveal here.

I'm of the understanding that my Grandmother had a relationship with one "Johnny Dye" - I believe he was a pilot in the American Airforce during WWII.

I have no clue if they were married, but there's a rumour within the family that my grandmother changed her surname to give the impression that they were married.

The relationship resulted in the birth of my Aunty. She advises that she was born in Norfolk, 1945.

After my Aunty was born, my nan went on to marry another man (my Grandfather) in 1948 and my Aunty is of the understanding that she was then adopted by this man.

She (my Aunty) advises that her birth certificate shows her surname as the surname of my Grandfather (E.g. the marriage in 1948).

I can find no record of her birth whatsoever.

My Grandmother and Grandfather mentioned above are both no longer with us.

I'd like to fiind my Aunty's birth details and I'm also curious about this Johnny Dye and would love to trace him further - he could of course have been killed in the war, but equally could have lived on afterwards too.

Can anyone help?

jax

jax Report 23 Sep 2011 15:00

Have you searched under your grandmothers maiden name?

jax

DTBK

DTBK Report 23 Sep 2011 15:15

Yes, I've searched under her maiden name, I've also used the surname "Dye" (and "Pye" just in case) too.

No luck.

jax

jax Report 23 Sep 2011 15:23

Click on my name and send me your aunts details and I will have a look

jax

DTBK

DTBK Report 26 Sep 2011 11:43

No luck then Jax?

jax

jax Report 26 Sep 2011 14:37

No sorry DTBK

DTBK

DTBK Report 27 Sep 2011 08:36

No problem at all - thank you very much for looking, your time and effort in doing so are very much appreciated.

Does anyone else fancy taking up the challenge?