Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian Help (Toronto)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Janet

Janet Report 17 Sep 2011 11:31

Hi all

I have just been clearing the effects of my uncle who died on 5th September.

Among some amazing things I have found is a letter written by a relative in Canada to my grandfather in 1981 (pre internet) suggesting that they are related. They are because I have the names mentioned on my tree on here. Grrrrrr why do I find it now !!!!

I have the name and the address in Toronto but can see from googling that they are no longer at the address, as it is 30 years on after all. I imagine the original writer may now be deceased but possibly has living relatives who I could contact.

Anyone have any useful records, is there an electoral register etc etc or just suggestions. I suppose I could write to the current house owner, I found a picture of the house on line.

Thanks

Jan

Ru

Ru Report 17 Sep 2011 11:46

H Jan,

You could try the Toronto telephone directory with the surname and see what you come up with. Let us hope it is not a very common surname. If the area is say Ajax, Toronto then you may have a relative to contact. I should start with the area of the address where they were 30 years ago and work from that.

Best wishes,

Sappho

Janet

Janet Report 17 Sep 2011 11:54

The area is Rosedale Toronto, the surname is Hudson so quite a common name I should think

jan

Janet

Janet Report 19 Sep 2011 17:34

Hi

I have sent you some details of the name and address and something I found on the internet by personal message.

thanks for trying to help

janet