Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RUTH COLE ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 15 Sep 2011 22:36

I am looking for a friend...Her maiden name was Ruth Cole, she had a twin sister Beryl, They were from Runcorn,Cheshire. They both worked at the US airforce Base in Warrington Lancashire. Both married GI's anmd moved to the USA about 1955. Ruth lived in California and returned to England sometime in the sixties,after getting dicorced. (maybe they returned to England then got a divorce) The last I heard was that Ruth was living somewhere in the Cottswolds. I believe she would be about 78/79 I would appreciate any help in locating Ruth.
Thank you !

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 15 Sep 2011 22:40

Have you tried a search on this site, friends reunited or the electoral rolls if you know her married surname,
Good luck,
Liz

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 15 Sep 2011 23:27

Thanks Liz, No, I don't know her married name. The first husband's name was Fred Downes. I thought that perhaps someone living in the Cottswolds may see the message and may know of her by her history. I did try 'Friends Reunited....No luck.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Sep 2011 00:04

Not seeing Ruth's marriage or birth.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Sep 2011 00:06

The surname is COLES and they were born in 1934 so 77 now.

Rose

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 00:13

Her name was Coles when she married Fred

It looks like she travelled in her 1st married name with a daughter

I will pm the details

jax

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 00:24

Do you know the two people that could have ruth in their tree?

jax

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 01:06

Do you know what happened to Beryl? I can see a marriage in runcorn in 1955 that could be her but not seeing her on a passanger list

jax

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 16 Sep 2011 01:12

Both Ruth and Beryl came out to the States at different times.

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 01:12

If that is Beryls marriage she had twin sons in 1956 does it sound right?

jax

Perhaps they left after 1960?

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 01:30

I will send you Beryls marriage and sons and perhaps you could find them in the white pages?

jax

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 16 Sep 2011 03:53

I will check the white pages. Thanks !! I will let you know if I find anything.

I'm dashing back and forth between the computer and trying to get things done around the house.. Just managed to get dinner on the table ! My poor hubby thought that he was going to starve to deat LOL

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2011 12:13

I hope you find something tweedledee :-)

It may also be worth sending a message to the two people that have Ruth in their tree, one of them also has Beryl

jax