Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John White / Sally A Carstairs m 1964 Wokingham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 5 Sep 2011 19:47

Hello .
I am trying to find a John ,Charles White who married a Sally A Carstairs in 1964 in Wokingham ,Berkshire .
I believe they had a daughter called Melinda in 1965, (Berkshire ).

I am related to John , and his brother would like to get in touch with him .
Does anybody know anything about these people or do they have them in their family

Thank you Jenny :-)

patchem

patchem Report 5 Sep 2011 19:55

Do you know approximate birth dates for John or Sally?
Unfortunately John C White is a rather popular name.
Thanks

Added:
Have you looked to see if anyone has them in their trees on here.
Melinda appears to be Melinda J, and there appears to be only one marriage in that name, nowhere near Wokingham.
Have you tried their names with 192.com - but no Sally and John appearing together with those initials.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Sep 2011 09:08

The marriage is definitely there Patchem, 1964 Wokingham. Have tried to see if there is a marriage for Melinda but the only possible I can see is in Plymouth!

Do you have any addresses for them? if so, you could try a street search on Friends Reunited, if they are not registered there a neighbour might be.

Jan

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 6 Sep 2011 09:21

Re the marriage of Melinda J there was another Melinda J born in Plymouth 23 years before

Jenny

Jenny Report 6 Sep 2011 13:01

Thank you all for your messages .
This the first time I have used this message board , I have looked at 192.com and I have searched tree''s on GR .
I have an address sent to my email by Val , who kindly gave me the one for Plymouth .
I will be passing them all on to John's brother .
i have searched BMD rec ,and found Sally's birth in Berkshire also now I know her father and mother's marriage and her father's birth and death years . the reason i went to sally's family is as someone said the white family is very common as I know when doing my "White " family line .
I have various phone numbers for the Carstairs family in Berkshire ( from 192.com ) These are possilby relatives of sally's line and worth a look .
I did various messages to members tree's yesterday and have had one reply so far . I will keep looking ,thank you all again . Jenny,( member of GR since 2007.) :-)