Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for birth mother / siblings.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 22 Aug 2011 17:50

Hello,
My birth name was Joanne Graham and my birth mother's maiden name was June Graham (maybe married now). June was born in 1953 and orginally came from Lanarkshire but lived in Longsight, Manchester when i was born in 1974.

June had two other children before i came along, thier names are Michelle and Joseph.

I believe they all moved back to Motherwell, Scotland shortly after i was born.

I would really appreciate if if anybody could help me fill in the gaps :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Aug 2011 19:29

Joanne, have you tried looking to see if there are any matches on other peoples' trees? Use the 'search trees' box above.
I assume you know the street where your mother was living. You could try a street search on Friends Reunited and see if anyone is registered for it - including neighbours.
It might also be an idea to check the electoral register for that address to see if any other adults were living there. Any clue will help.
Might I ask where you got your info from? Just wondering how repliable the source is?
I can't see a birth for Joseph in Manchester, but there is one with it as a 2nd name. Let me know if you want details.
jan

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 23 Aug 2011 03:46

Hi Joanne,

CHECK YOUR INBOX UNDER MESSAGES ( click the white envelope )

REGARDS