Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Florence Rowley (Bates)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zena

Zena Report 20 Aug 2011 11:19

Hi

I am still trying to find anybody who knows of some one by the name of Florence Rowley which was her maiden name, she married Frederick Bates in 1933, they had three children, two boys and a girl.

They separated around 1940 and i am not aware of what happened to her after that.

She never took the children with her, my Grandmother was her daughter and would really like to know if she is still out there, i know this is probably not likely due to her age, but if she has any family we would really like to know.

I have not been on here for a long time and as hoping that someone may have more news or ideas of finding relatives

Hope that someone can help.

Thanks

Regards Zena

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Aug 2011 11:30

Adding for ref. for area.

Marriages Sep 1933

Bates Frederick W ..Rowley ...................Warwick 6d 2403

Rowley Florence .. Bates .........................Warwick 6d 2403

EDIT
Do you know when and where Florence was born?
This will help to find a correct full name, ...if there were middle names.

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Aug 2011 11:43

What does your grandmother remember about her mother leaving?
Was it a sudden departure?

Sadly at that time, if people were suffering from anxiety, stress and other mental health issues, they might be put into a home and it was easier to tell family that the person had left home.
That scenario would require different searches rather than a possible re marriage soon after she left home, so any clues are helpful.

The marriage certificate would provide clues re. the father of Florence and we could perhaps track her probable age that way.

Gwyn

Zena

Zena Report 20 Aug 2011 11:51

Hi Gwyn

Unfortunately we do not have a lot to go on.

I can give you the names of her children if this will help.

Regards Ze

Zena

Zena Report 20 Aug 2011 12:04

Hi Gwyn

My Nan's Gran who helped bring them up, would not allow any of them to ask about their mom which is really sad, because of this she never got to know anything about her.

My Nan always remembers her coming to see her once after she had left, she remembers her bringing her a new dress, which i think is a lovely memory for her to have, even though this does not help you or I.

She does know that she was not put in a home, the memories that she has are that she was a lovely lovely lady and so not sure why she left, the rumour at the time was that she fell in love with another man, but this could be speculation.

We found out that she never got divorced from my grandfather when he died.

I know this is not much, but does it help in any way

Regards Ze

Sara

Sara Report 21 Aug 2011 11:11

I wonder if she went on to have Victorina born 3Q 1943 and Reginald H born 1946 and re-registered again 1958. Both called Bates as she was still married and both in the Warwick registration district. CanĀ“t find a marriage or death for a Victorina Bates so she may have used another surname.

Best bet though is to get the marriage cert
Good luck

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 22 Aug 2011 04:06

Found good possible kin BUT do you want definite proof ?
perhaps buy a certificate to confirm ?

Either way, if you do contact the kin, it will be a lot of family history !!!!

Perhaps best I wait before sending the data, so your family can think about it <<<<<<<<<<<

:-S

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Aug 2011 04:49

Reginald was re-registered under the surname Lewis.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Aug 2011 07:09

Victorina's daughter is on this site too.

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 22 Aug 2011 08:01

Rose
do you not think more proof is needed before any contact either via GR or the home address ?
I have found Victorina ( see earlier post ) BUT we could be wrong

CHEERS

Zena

Zena Report 22 Aug 2011 22:26

Hi guys

Thank you so much for your help with this, it is much appreciated.

I have requested a copy of the marriage certificate today, that should have her parents name on it.

This will hopefully help you determine if they are related.

I will update you as soon as it arrives.

Oh my goodness, my fingers are crossed so tight that you are right.

Bye for now

Ze

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 22 Aug 2011 23:40

Hi Zena, I have nothing to add but have been following your thread and hope that you have some success.

Best of luck with it all :-)

Zena

Zena Report 23 Aug 2011 20:42

Thankyou :-)

My fingers are crossed very tightly