Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GREY LYNN AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo1015

Jo1015 Report 19 Aug 2011 19:51

Looking for decendants of Ellen Harle Mitchell Kirby nee Taylor who married Alfred Kirby in 1933.

Also a John T Taylor born 1914

Ellen and John were sister and brother who were both born in wallsend north of england UK

jax

jax Report 19 Aug 2011 21:50

Have you tried the search trees?

jax

Jo1015

Jo1015 Report 19 Aug 2011 23:17

Ive searched yes, contacted a couple of people but no replies as yet. The names are unusal so i am hopeful they will b recognised by someone out there!!!

jax

jax Report 19 Aug 2011 23:19

Very unlikely that anyone will pass by this post in the near future who is related though

jax

Jo1015

Jo1015 Report 20 Aug 2011 11:46

y comment? cheers anyway.

Ru

Ru Report 20 Aug 2011 11:54

Hello JoP,

You could try Telecom NZ Residential Numbers. It's a start as there are four names Kirby in the Grey Lynn area.

I find this is a great way to start if all avenues have failed - like door knocking!!

Regards,

Sappho

ps too many Taylors in the phone directory.

Jo1015

Jo1015 Report 20 Aug 2011 12:00

Thanks Sappho I actually resorted to that last night! ha! There appears to be a Kirby business in Grey Lynn but couldnt find an email, but have postal addresses. I've spoken to someone at the local community centre who has given me an email address for Grey Lynn's local paper, so hopefully will get a mention in there if theyr interested! Im determined! :) Jo

Ru

Ru Report 21 Aug 2011 09:36

Well done JoP,

All good things take time and my best wishes for your searches.

Regards,

Sappho