Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for child/step-child of Norman Heywood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 10 Aug 2011 16:05

I have hit another bump in my search and was wondering if anyone had any information that may help. I am looking for the daughter/step-daughter of Norman Dennison Heywood, who lived in Orpington Kent.

I am unsure whether she is the daughter of Norman and his wife Marian (nee Green) or whether she would have been the daughter from a previous relationship/marriage of Norman or Marian (Marian had been married twice before, the first marriage produced my father-in-law and the second marriage was short-lived - I believe Norman was a bachelor when he married Marian). I have had a search for births of Pearson (2nd marriage) and Heywood and have not found anything that looks likely (all Marian's marriages took place in Lancashire) so was hoping that someone with more experience than myself may know of another way to search.

I know from talking to neighbours that following Marian's death in 2002 Norman went to live with his "daughter" in Glasgow, Scotland. Unfortunately no-one can remember the daughter's name and I believe that Norman has subsequently passed away although I can't find the record (may be post 2005). If anyone has any information that would help I would be truly grateful.

Thanks

Emma

Penny

Penny Report 10 Aug 2011 16:26

yourr father in laws surname is....?

it might be useful to list Marians surnames names and some idea of locations dates etc.

name and dates of children would be useful too - those that you know anyway

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Aug 2011 16:32

I'm a bit tangled with all the info! First thing is to ascertain who she married and when - presumably a Pearson? Who else?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Aug 2011 16:33

I think she was Marian P, is that right?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Aug 2011 16:35

No birth of a daughter to the 1st marriage as far as I can see, though a few possible sons??
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Aug 2011 16:41

All these marriages took place in Lancashire it seems. Is this her death?
As she married 1960, so aged about 39, hard to say if she might have had further children.

Name: Marian Paine Heywood
Birth Date: 23 Sep 1921
Date of Registration: Sep 2003
Age at Death: 82
Registration district: Bexley
Inferred County: Kent
Register number: A37C
District and Subdistrict: 220/1C
Entry number: 137

Emma

Emma Report 10 Aug 2011 17:47

Hello everyone

Thank you so much for the responses to-date. BrummieJan you are right that is her death certificate. She was born Marian Paine Green in 1921 in Bush Hill Park, Enfield, Middlesex.

In 1943 she married Brian Moss in Eccles, Lancashire and they had Howard Moss in 1948. In circa 1951 Marian left the family house but Howard is not aware of the circumstances (initially he was told she had died).

In 1958 she married Cyril Harry Pearson but the marriage was dissolved at some later point (she remarried 18 months after the date of her marriage to Cyril so I imagine the marriage was very shot-lived).

In 1960 she married Norman Dennison Heywood in Lancaster and they subsequently at some point relocated to Orpington Kent.

If Norman had a daughter/step-daughter I can only imagine that it was from his marriage to Marian or from Marian's short-lived liaison with Cyril - unless she had a child out of wedlock? But I am a bit stumped and a bit tangled up in all the info myself.

Unfortunately old neighbours say that Norman was not particularly outgoing and Marian was housebound for a number of years so no-one has been able to shed much light.

Many thanks for any help. Best wishes.