Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Ann Blackett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 8 Aug 2011 10:50

I am looking for info or relations of Jane Ann Blackett born Edinburgh 1/1/1920. She was later adopted and renamed Jean Margaret Abbot and lived in Birkenhead Cheshire. Can anyone help?.

Regards
Sue Wellman

South Africa

Flick

Flick Report 8 Aug 2011 11:01

Start by looking in search trees.

Try looking on the freebmd website for a possible marriage for her, putting two t's at the end of the surname

EDIT:

There's a very probable marriage...........check it out..........and children of the marriage

Flick

Flick Report 8 Aug 2011 11:07

I've just noticed your surname.............my advice is wasted, as you obviously know everything I've suggested you look at on freebmd

Try friendsreunited

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 8 Aug 2011 11:57

1920 BLACKETT JANE ANN F GEORGE SQUARE EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 685/05 0050

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Best, if you do not know the mother's name, is to purchase the above using the references given above

OR if you have the birth mother's name use the above website to purchase her birth certificate ............there is a lot more data on a Scottish certificate
They are ideal for family history

:-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Aug 2011 00:58

why start yet another posting!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Aug 2011 01:01

why start yet another posting!

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 23 Aug 2011 02:45

Sue,
as mentioned if you purchase the 1920 birth certificate it will give her parent's names so you can then see if she had any siblings.
OR if her mother was single, trace a later marriage.

A birth certificate shows:

* Forenames of the child
* Date of birth
* Place of birth
* Full name and maiden name of the mother
* Full name and occupation of the father ( optional )
* Name, address and relationship to the child of the person who registered the birth
* Time of birth (Scotland only)
* Date and place of the parents marriage (Scotland only)

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search/birth/index.aspx

£10 on-line

using the below data to order

1920 BLACKETT JANE ANN Female GEORGE SQUARE EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 685/05 0050

CHEERS