Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 30 Jul 2011 10:50

Hi, having just received alot of help on a thread on "finding ancestors" i now ended up finding a possible close relative. I know his name and the town where he lives ( in Essex). The trouble is his tel n0 is x directory and i do not know his address to write to him. The local archives said electoral rolls would not help.Does any one have any ideas how i could find his address ( without appearing to be a weirdo!) so i could write a polite letter to him
many thanks
nick

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 30 Jul 2011 11:00

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1275570

Could email the above

CHEERS

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 30 Jul 2011 11:04

Not sure why the local archive has said that the Electoral Roll would not help.

Since 2002 commercial enterprises such as www.192.com and similar have purchased ER's and for payment made the information available. Such sites can be searched by name as well as address. Providing the person you seek is eligible to vote and if so has not elected to have their name excluded from the version of the ER such sites purchase then you may be able to locate their address that way.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Jul 2011 11:09

A long shot,but.... Have you tried putting his name into a Google search?

I know someone ex-directory who hadn't realised their home address was online because of their link to a running club.

Gwyn

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 30 Jul 2011 11:22

Hi. Thanks for you help. i`m not sure why the guy at the archives could not help.perhaps i did not explain myself properly. i wasn`t sure about signing up to www.192.com. i thought i`d try here first. some one has sent me a pm so we`ll see how that works out and i have followed up on the thread that FAIRTHORN has suggested
kind regards
nick