Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding my half sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mandy

Mandy Report 1 Jul 2011 20:15

hi
im trying to find my half sister julie k wheeler.
all i know is that she was born in 1960 in hastings east sussex and her mothers maiden name was elphick.
i would love to trace her as we have never met, and would like the opportunity to get to know her. if anyone can help, please contact me.
thankyou mandy

jax

jax Report 1 Jul 2011 20:26

Have you tried the search trees there is someone that could have her in their tree

jax

Mandy

Mandy Report 2 Jul 2011 23:08

can find no other trace apart from birth record, but thanks for the idea jax, will keep looking :)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Jul 2011 23:43

There are 4 marriages for a Julie K. Wheeler, not in Sussex mind. If you want details let me know.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Jul 2011 23:56

Also, have found her mother's name and that of an uncle, that is her mother's brother if that helps.
jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jul 2011 01:19

Do you know what happened to her? Is it possible she was adopted?

Rose

Mandy

Mandy Report 28 Aug 2011 19:27

thanks for the feedback, im afraid i dont know what happened to her and her mother after her mum and my dad split, which was before i was born.
will keep looking and thanks again
mandy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Aug 2011 19:55

So you aren't interested in finding out her mother or uncle's names? This might be the way you have to go.
Jan

Mandy

Mandy Report 1 Oct 2011 18:39

her mother was kathleen elphick born in 1935, i have no other info on either julie or her mother, but it is julie i am trying to find as i have never met her and would like to :-)

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Oct 2011 21:49

Did you not contact Kathleen's brother ( address sent in July )
Also the possible remarriage via her new husband's GR family tree ?
It is possible Julie took her step-father's surname.
This was mentioned back in July.

:-)