Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THAME family: Barton Hartshorn & Twyford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 24 Jun 2011 16:19

Looking for descendants of Thomas THAME & Mary GIBBS, married 1783 Fringford then moved to Barton Hartshorn. Particularly looking for descendants of their granddaughter Sarah FOSTER (nee THAME) of Twyford.

jax

jax Report 24 Jun 2011 16:42

Have you tried the search trees above? you can then try and contact anyone who has them in their tree

jax

LD

LD Report 25 Jun 2011 13:41

Sarah Thame married Henry John Foster 1849 Qtr2 Buckingham

They had the following children; Sarah b1850, Henry John b1851, Betsy b1853, Mary b1857.

Sarah died 4th July 1864 at Steeple Claydon.

Anne

Anne Report 25 Jun 2011 20:42

Thanks Jax and LD for replying.

I have already tried to contact those who have this THAME family in their family tree and am awaiting to hear. Fingers crossed! I am also aware of the children of Sarah and Henry John FOSTER. It is after that I am stuck.

By 1861 Sarah is a Widow and running the Steeple Claydon Farm with her brother Thomas. Thomas is listed as Single but is in fact living away from his wife in 1861. Thomas, I believe has no survivng descendants. Two of Sarah's siblings and two THAME cousins emigrated to Australia in the 1850s so the family are spread far and wide. I can not find a suitable burial for Sarah's husband but he must have died between 1857 and 1861 and because the FOSTER surname is quite widespread the children of Sarah have been difficult to follow up.