General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help to find the bartlett and Finley Family i

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian Farndell

Gillian Farndell Report 27 Jan 2008 15:01

Hi Im trying to find information on my Grandfathers parents. My Grandfather was born in Chipping Norton Oxfordshire in 1925,His Parents were Annie Bartlett and John Henry Finley.All I have is what I have been told and my Grandfathers Birth Certificate Apparently My Grandfather was born on Banbury Common in a caravan as his parents were travellers but after researching the names I found that a Annie Bartlett married three times in Oxfordshire she first married a Thomas Kingsford in March 1916 Second marraige to Arthur Steele in March 1918 and the 3rd marraige was to a John Henry Finley in June 1924, All marraiges took place in Chipping Norton so I guess this is where she came from also i have searched all the people she married and none of them came from stockport which leads me back to Oxfordshire and all these names Ive researched do have census records for these names so I was just wondering wether these names have any connections to anybody out there doing there research.any help would mostly be appreciated.
I do have my Grandfathers birth certificate which clarifys he was born in Oxfordshire Chipping Norton His name was John Arthur Finley born March the 10th 1925.
Kind Regards
Gillian Duncan