General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PROBERT(S) & variants

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nancy

Nancy Report 28 Sep 2007 17:42

PROBERT family members & interested researchers’ September, 2007

I am compiling a one-name study for the name of Probert(s) (variants). I am not selling anything, but am requesting help with gathering more data. The database in now online for interested researchers at PROBERTONLINE.COM, and at present it has 118,500+ entries.
By way of introduction, I was born a Probert in California and my branch hale from Powys area of Wales back to 1698. I have found that our name has settled in Wales, England, Scotland, America, Canada, South Africa, Ireland, France, Switzerland and Brazil. However, although very few families were outside of England, Wales, Canada and America.
This is compiled of public records of all kinds, and those “trees” and data given me by private parties who are interested in their family genealogy. The submitter’s e-address is added in the comments. The goal is to connect researchers’ branches of the families.
There seems to be much information that is only found through Probert records and private sources such as family Bibles and letters, so hopefully you will consider adding your families’ data.
Thank you, Nancy Probert Strickland¬¬ [email protected]