General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Jackson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 2 Mar 2003 21:51

I was a bit concerned about having so much information concerning members of my family, birth dates, mother's maiden name etc available which could possibly be misused, that I've removed my tree from the site for the time being. Am I being paranoid? It's just a reaction from reading about some poor chap who had his identity hijacked and was done for a lot of money. Any thoughts?

John

John Report 13 Oct 2004 21:21

David, I understand you concerns, I was thinking about this when I joined up on this web site. The only thing is anyone can go to a cemetary, find a headstone, write the details down, go to Somerset House (I think) the main records office, and get a copy of birth certificate etc. The things is, only give out details of family that are dead, and if members of the family are still alive, get their consent before you put their details on the web, and get a land line number/address/e-mail address of the person you are sending the details to, were upon if any mishaps occure at least you have somthing to go on. Regards, John J. Crawshaw P.S. Note to all Friends To All GR Friends, I'm the Great, Great, Grandson of a Mr. John Jackson (b.C1865) born in Sheffield, who married (?) and had a son John Jackson (b.C 1891) born in sheffiled who married an Agnes Evans (b.1890. d.C.1980) and had a two daughters Anne Jackson and Caroline Jackson (my Grandmother and Great Aunt). Anne Jackson married twice and from the first marriage my mother was the fruit there of, being Kate Crawshaw (Madien Name: Roberts. 1st Marriage:Hayes). Then came my self and a younger sister. All of the above (with the exception of myself and sister) were born and bread in Sheffield, Yorkshire. What I'm trying to find out is the following: Any information of births/deaths/marriages or anything at all that any one has found regarding John Jackson (C.1865) or any other relative of the Jackson family in the Sheffield area before 1900's would be greatly received. The reason for this is that my mother Kate Crawshaw is the only living member of the Jackson line. Which is extreamly sad. Any help would be most appriciated. Regards, JJC