General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

<b>NEW THREADED BOARDS START HERE</B>

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 12:18

Previous Message Thread titles have been added as the members name

Vera

Vera Report 31 May 2003 13:30

Thank you for the threaded messages. This is different from others I have seen, but I shall persevere. Question: Why is the thread title the same as the members name? This means that I have to physically look at the messages to find out what they are. Can we have a thread title which states the CONTENT of the message and not who sent it, please? Look forward to hearing comments from you and other members. Vera, Manchester, Lancs

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 14:12

There was no thread topic before so we just copied over the persons name as the topic for the old entries.

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 15:46

As we said, its going to take some days for the new layout to bed down - we cant create the threads from the old messages as there was no ability to reply. Have a look at the few messages on the tips board and you will see how the new version is already working and will make things a lot easier in the future.

Vera

Vera Report 31 May 2003 16:08

Thank you Stephen I think I know what you mean. I had thought about doing that but didn't want to mess things up for anyone. I shall try it when I put a message on the board. Vera, Manchester