General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tips/Guest Boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 31 May 2003 13:31

what on earth is going on? i don't want to look at a long list of names. i like to look at the 'tips' and comments/ replies, because sometimes there is a question I didn,t know i wanted to ask (if that makes sense) and, a lot of very helpfull tips - one of which I wanted to try now. and cant because of the different format. Thanks

Alison

Alison Report 31 May 2003 13:39

Brenda I agree with you entirely I expected the the boards to be similar to what they were with maybe 'Post reply' or 'Read reply' next to it. This format is confusing and frankly strange, maybe when more people have posted on the threads it will make more sense?

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 14:11

It will take a few days to get going as we had to copy the persons name into the topic for the old entries. Once the topics are added you will be able to view just one thread of the topic that interests you rather than a long list of mixed messages

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 15:47

As we said, its going to take some days for the new layout to bed down - we cant create the threads from the old messages as there was no ability to reply. Have a look at the few messages on the tips board and you will see how the new version is already working and will make things a lot easier in the future.

Debbie

Debbie Report 31 May 2003 16:21

Please help I dont know whats going on but whatever it is I dont like it. one of the reasons I like this site so much, is that it was so easy to get around. I reckon thats it for me Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 May 2003 16:48

Quite agree with you,it will probably mean l will use the site less.Very sad because l have had such fun. Jude Heather South Wales)

Alison

Alison Report 1 Jun 2003 10:21

As I said in my earlier post it has started to make sense now the threads are up and running the new layout is easier to understand and find things on but it seems to me that after a few days were going to be trawling through the threads just as we were through the messages. Stephen I know we seem ungrateful but its because we love this site its much better than the others out there!Would there be a way to make the threads searchable?