General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

name history

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Jun 2003 15:13

am I missing the name history page or isn't their one, you know where you can get info on where the name came from and all that gen.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 16 Jun 2003 15:29

Lisa, do you mean the history board that is in your name summary? I think this is only filled in if someone has history about that surname. Have just checked and most of mine are empty Shelli

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jun 2003 19:28

I hope they are still not empty! The History Board gives us all an opportunity to show where we have traced our ancestors back to, or what work they did, whether they gained any medals or distinctions, anything to add flesh and blood to the bare bones of just names and dates. I have found this site works best when we are all proactive. Jim, Gosport.

Vera

Vera Report 17 Jun 2003 08:39

Jim That's fine BUT how do I look at the History Board for the name WEATHERALL?? Vera B, Manchester

Suzy

Suzy Report 17 Jun 2003 09:54

It's true, we aren't able to look at the names boards for names which are not in our tree; hopefully Genes will change this in the near future, but in the meantime, just change one of your names temporarily to the one you want to look at (I use a name at the 'top' of my tree) and when you have fininshed, change the name back.