General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chronological Calendar?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi

Rosi Report 25 Jun 2003 22:14

Does any one know of a good (preferably illustrated?) chronological calendar that I can print off from a website? It would be so useful when explaining to various grandchildren, (let alone related adults) what was happening in the world when 2/4 + greats grandad was alive. Rosi Colchester ESS

Susan

Susan Report 26 Jun 2003 06:51

Hi Rosi, do you mean a timeline? If so try this site http(://)greenwichpast(.)com. They have a choice of different centuries. Susan

Rosi

Rosi Report 26 Jun 2003 18:33

Susan, thankyou - I'm sure that's what I mean! Will go to the website you suggest when I've caught up with the boards.

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jun 2003 18:44

Hi Rosi, You could also try this site, www(.)ourtimelines(.)com Chris

Rosi

Rosi Report 26 Jun 2003 22:53

Thankyou Christine too! Have just returned from a very strenuous pottery class (a whippet 'bowing' sculpture is proving very taxing) but now its time for my other hobby - this genealogy thing. good innit! Thanks, Rosi

Rosi

Rosi Report 26 Jun 2003 23:47

Susan - thankyou! site is good- but not quite what I am looking for..not sure what that is tho! Christine, great - but it's too American for me/my family alas! What I think I want is something that will illustrate what was happening in the (uk - ish) world in say 1750, (not got back any further with any lines yet), the early 1800's and then in say 20 year intervals to the present day. I think a chart of this sort would be much more relevant to my current addictive hobby than the World Map that at present adorns the wall in front of this PC. Any suggestions anyone? Rosi. Colchester ESS PS. OK - I too wonder what a non chronological calendar is! Mus be a silver surfer moment - a bit like saying I'll have an egg omelette! oops! Rosi

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 28 Jun 2003 00:09

I have just had a look at ourtimelines - it is really great - but does anyone know of an English version? It would be really really helpful to 'pad' out my tree! Thanks Sally, Coventry