General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does anyone have the 1891 census?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shaun

Shaun Report 26 Jun 2003 01:01

has anybody got a copy of the 1891 census or free access to it on the internet? if so i neeeeeeed your help. i wont prolong this message giving out the life sroty but if you have and would be kind enough to search something for me then could you please reply

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Jun 2003 03:26

You can get a free 14 day trial from Ancestry. It has the 1891 online Margaret

Shaun

Shaun Report 26 Jun 2003 08:40

ermmm. good question. im trying to find someone who just seems to disappear from the planet when the 1891 census was taken

Shaun

Shaun Report 26 Jun 2003 08:56

right, this complicates me. his name was john henry dyke. he was known as harry to people. for the sake of this i will refer to him as john. john was born around 1888. his parents were a henry dyke, born in norfolk. his mother was rebecca dyke (nee john). they married in about 1885. john appears on the 1901 census as a harry dyke with his mother and father. he is listed as being born in glamorgan, swansea. ive searched the 1901 census for him. if you would be kind enough could you look for henry and rebecca dyke, both would have been 26 or 27 at the time of the census. the 1901 census lists them as living in durham and i know that henrys family moved there in about 1875 from norfolk and this was about the same time as rebeccas family moved there from wales.

Shaun

Shaun Report 26 Jun 2003 09:19

cant find nothin. im only 20. ive got plenty of time to look so im not going to worry too much about it now

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jun 2003 09:53

Hi Shaun If you can give me an idea of what part of Durham,then I can do the look-up for you. Chris