General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ware and Great Amwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 27 Jun 2003 16:42

A few days ago someone asked about Great Amwell and Ware - I live in Hertford and work in Ware and have quite a good knowledge of the area having lived here for thirty years - If anyone wants me to try to find out about any ancestors who came from this area I am more than happy to do so. I can't guarantee a quick result but will do my best. Please email me if I can be of any help.

Terence

Terence Report 9 Jul 2003 01:20

Janice, I am currently researching my Family History(Wilkes). My Grandmother on my Father's side (Tidey) lived in Watton Road Cottages.Her parents Edwin and Clara Tidey. one brother Edwin KIA on the Somme Aug 1917. The Family also lived on Crib Street? After her Marriage to Warren Wilkes(1900), my grandparents lived in Princes Street , Ware? then I think at several address in Waltham Abbey, Waltham Cross, Enfield Highway? I would appreciate any help on either family. Thank you, Terry Wilkes.