General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

we're getting our very own board for people wantin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shaun

Shaun Report 28 Jun 2003 21:48

i have just had an email from GC. i originally asked them to put a link for my webpage on their site. this is a ermm should we or shouldnt we situation because theyre now going to give us our own board for people wishing to search cemeteries to let it be known who they are and where they will search.

Heather

Heather Report 28 Jun 2003 21:51

well done Shaun and GC Heather Bournemouth DOR

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jun 2003 21:52

Hi Shaun Well done and congrats. Jude H.(s.wales)

Amanda

Amanda Report 28 Jun 2003 22:39

Shawn and GC, Great idea and congrats, this will really benefit people like myself who live in another country etc. Well done!

Graham

Graham Report 29 Jun 2003 06:08

Good news indeed - let's hope it's not just confined to cemeteries but will include visits to Record Offices and so on. Graham

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 29 Jun 2003 07:03

Graham & Shaun, I echo what Graham says, I have done research in the local library and found local press reports for GC members. Please make it cover other research. Elisabeth

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jun 2003 08:40

Great news! I have been doing lookups on the 1881 scottish census for people, so hope that will be included too. Susan

Christine

Christine Report 30 Jun 2003 06:14

well thats good 'cause i was going to ask for anyone in the burnley area as it was written it's not easy when in another country chris australia

Andrea

Andrea Report 30 Jun 2003 10:13

Brilliant! I agree that it would be good to have all types of help on the board though and not just cemetery look ups. I have also helped a couple of people by looking for files in FreeBMD. GC - you are doing a great job!

Maryann

Maryann Report 2 Jul 2003 11:29

great idea just what we need i live in stafford would be able to help.ann tillett