General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE GREENS GONE!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 9 Jul 2003 15:45

and the board is bigger!!

Ruth

Ruth Report 9 Jul 2003 15:47

Power to the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 Jul 2003 16:07

Well it looks like my little 'moan' worked! Thanks GC this is soooo much better! Lynne Sale CHS

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 9 Jul 2003 16:14

Only just come in and thought the 'puter was broken! Elisabeth

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2003 16:57

Only trouble is, i find red against a white background is just as bad.

Helen

Helen Report 9 Jul 2003 21:10

I don't like the red writing against the white background either, - I don't know, some people are never happy!!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 9 Jul 2003 21:50

Am so glad some else isn't keen on this combination either thought it was just me as everyone else was saying great! well they're never gonna please all of us are they? P'haps the lighter green they use on friends may be a compromise???? Shelli

Debbie

Debbie Report 9 Jul 2003 21:52

So now the print is in red what is it when, you write a message yourself. I`m just writing this so I can test it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2003 21:53

Its black, alot better, black on white i think is best.

Debbie

Debbie Report 9 Jul 2003 23:10

Vivien I`m glad someone else agrees with me, I had no problems with the green. Now it`s yukky white. Debbie

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Jul 2003 23:15

I didn't mind the green - it was a bit like settling in to an old and shabby armchair - you just knew you had found the site you wanted to be in/on! The black/red/white combination IS a bit 'in yer face' but am sure it will become as familiar as the old green used to be. Rosi Colch. ESS.

Debbie

Debbie Report 9 Jul 2003 23:22

Vivien Forgot to say we all miss you, cant wait for you to join us all again. goodnight, sweetdreams. Debbe

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 9 Jul 2003 23:48

At the start of the evening, I thought - 'This is Great!' After reading the boards and catching up for about 2 hours - I find the white really glaring and starting to hurt. I think that Steve Pankhursts message was that they were going to play around with colours over the next few days and see what happens..... I think it is great that they do respond to users of their site. It must be a big task with all the users now. You know what they say about trying to please all the people all the time... Anyway - I'll still be here whatever the colours! Just have more breaks to make the coffee I spose! I await the next colour with anticipation - Purple with Pink spots maybe?

Chris

Chris Report 10 Jul 2003 09:13

Sorry Everyone but I'm not keen on the White board.Had no problem with the green but the white seems very glaring and uncomfortable on my eyes. Chris

Michelle

Michelle Report 10 Jul 2003 13:03

I think that the black on white is ok but my eyes just can't cope with red on white. Time for a change please GC.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 10 Jul 2003 16:43

Oh dear, I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud but I much preferred the green. The white seems too harsh and clinical.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2003 16:48

I have a feeling that this is an interim solution because there were so many complaints about the green. I am sure that Steve said that he would play around with the colours and see what he could come up with. The white glares a bit and makes my eyes ache. I was hoping they could just tone down the green to a pastel shade too. They must get fed up with us moaning. I suppose it wasn't envisaged that we would spend so much time reading messages rather than 'doing' genealogy!! Ann Glos