General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wrong email sent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Jul 2003 23:39

Hi all Just looked at my emails and I had a message from a lady asking me do I know when the freereg site will be up and running. even though it came to my address it had been clearly sent to the freereg site. Can anyone explain how this happened please. Debbie

Crista

Crista Report 16 Jul 2003 23:48

Debra If you don't see your address in the message header it could be she BCCed you, meaning she added you as an invisible recipient. Crista

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 00:04

Hi Crista I am not sure what you meant, is it that she has emailed me before and put my name in by mistake, I dont think I have been in contact with her because I dont regonise the name. I have emailed her so hopefully she will reply to me soon. Anyway thanks for your help Debbie

BrianW

BrianW Report 17 Jul 2003 10:11

BCC is an Outlook Express function whereby you can send the same e-mail to multiple recipients without listing every recipient on every e-mail.

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 10:15

Brian Thanks for that, that is probably what happened then. Debbie

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 12:03

Well I`ve just had another email that was addressed to freereg from someone in oz who I know Iv`e never had any contact with at all. so now i`m stumped obliously our addresses are getting mixed up hope they are not getting my emails, so if there is anyone that has contacted me and hasnt had a reply then that is probably why. Debbie

Crista

Crista Report 17 Jul 2003 19:45

Debra, You haven't by any chance managed to subscribe yourself to the Freereg mailing list have you? http://freereg.rootsweb(.)com/maillist.htm Otherwise, maybe your email address is similar to one the ones listed here: http://freereg.rootsweb(.)com/volunteers/ccoords/structure.htm Crista

Susan

Susan Report 17 Jul 2003 20:26

I am subscribed to the freereg mailing list and recieved the email you mentioned. So I think Crista is probably right.There should be a link at the bottom of the email to un-subscribe if you want to. Susan

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 21:12

Crista and susan You could be right there but it must have been a while back, and i`ve only had 2 surely if I was on a mailing list I would have quite a few and these were addressed to someone called Dave. at the bottom was to join ancestry site. so I cant unsubscribe. anyway I think you are both probably right. so thank you Debbie