General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A student who has got dyselixa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 26 Jul 2003 21:25

I WISH I COULD READ I WISH I COULD SPELL I WISH I COULD SAY STUFF THAT MAKES SENCE BUT NEVER DOES. does any wone now if thier is like a penpal website for dyselicxas, i just finished college and when i done my last exam i didnt even now what i was doing i felt so stupid my friend now what to do i just feel so put downn maybe i need to talk to someone, i went for this interview for this new job at they said that i am not confident , i duuno what too do, maybe if i pratice how i would say stuff for an interview. here my email addresses [email protected] thanks you all for helping me from Samanthax

Susan

Susan Report 26 Jul 2003 21:52

Samantha, I have three children and two are dyslexic all three went on to college the two who are dyslexic got diplomas one is a qualified grounds keeper/gardener the other gothers in animal care and kennel management. also churchill was dyslexic. sue

Susan

Susan Report 26 Jul 2003 21:53

P S i also found out after all these years that i am too sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2003 23:47

Princess Samantha(what a lovely name) You have made the biggest step by coming on this site and introducing yourself.Welcome. A friend of mines son had a scribe when he took exams or had problems in the classroom.He was about your age or abit younger(he's now 22yrs and doing very well).So don't be afraid to ask for help.Good luck in what ever you do. Jude (s.wales)

Sydney

Sydney Report 27 Jul 2003 20:22

I do not say I AM dyselic, I say the others think wrongly, we achive dispite our problems, any way dyselixa is for LIFE, but we will succeed.

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Jul 2003 22:40

i found out this year i have got dyselixa i am galde i have people who undertsand that have the same on silmer problem to me if you would like to be friends please email me i would like that .

Alison

Alison Report 28 Jul 2003 20:50

Im dyslexic as well and so are 3 out of my 5 children, my eldest duaghter is a qualified nursery nurse and speaks spanish and german(although she struggles to spell it)She had some one with her in all her exams to make sure she read the papers properly.Now you have been diagnosed get all the help you can, you have to chase it people dont understand what a real disability dyslexia is (thank heavens for spell checkers:))

Hugh

Hugh Report 30 Jul 2003 19:22

Samattha I am 75, and dyselixic, when i was 17 it had not been invented, I allways though that i had miss some leson at shool that mabe spelling come out right, like a math formular, so i keeped looking for it. I was about 30 befor i heard about dyselia i have found that you get very good at working around it, finding other word that are easy to spell, and rember dyselixic peopel all way have the advantage of a high IQ. Good luck you can do it from an old dyselixtic PS it may not be speled right but we can read it

Dilysfay

Dilysfay Report 30 Jul 2003 22:48

Hi i am a mum of two children. I AM DYSLEXIC My dad is also dyslexic, and i have given the gene to my son who is servearly dyslexic. We have recently sold our family home in S.Wales and moved to somerset where my son now attends school at MARK COLLEGE. A school for dyslexic boys. My son i very sensitve lad With a wonderful sense of hummor. He will start is gcse course in September. He hopes he will get one or two. He can do something really amazing that not many people can do, He rides the unicyle small or tall he can ride one AND He can juggle. Most people can read but not many people can do what he can do HE KNOWS THAT BEING DYSLEXIC IS LIKE BELONING TO AN ELETE CLUB.And he is very special. So he will stand up and tell the world i can ride a unicycle because lets face it most people can read. We tell him never be ashamed to tell anyone u cant read. One day the "system" will be dyslexic frendly. I would love to here from anyone with the same challeges in life. [email protected] Thanks

Samantha

Samantha Report 10 Aug 2003 19:26

i think if poeple have got dryselixa i think they should be proud to have something so specil to have when people got dyrslica they can get good jobs and i am not rteally happy to have it but i guess i get throgh it if i can do it u lot can do it too. from princess samantha xx

Meloney

Meloney Report 15 Aug 2003 21:58

my daughters teacher is dyslexic and if you can have dyslexia and still be a teacher then you can be anything you want to be! good luck :-))

Samantha

Samantha Report 30 Aug 2003 21:27

hi all thanks for letting me kow that were not the only ones that haev gpt dyselixa, i find it hard some times because i feel like i am not gonna do well in my life but i can if i put my mind 2 it its just some people like this lad who i liked his names is called james when i speak to him on msn msger if i dont understamnd what he is going on about i say what do you meen and i some time keep saying it to him on msn msger when i talk to himm one day he just said sam i have had enough why dont you just change your image and stop saying ''WHAT DO YOU MEEN'' i feel like i am not gonnahave a realtiionship with anylad now after what he said to me, i feel like upset i duno what to do know i feel so thinck :( please email please thanks samantha xxxxxxx

Tracy

Tracy Report 30 Aug 2003 22:45

You will meet someone special one day who will love you for you and the dyslexia wont matter. My Foster dad has got dslexia and so has my sister. Try to stay positive and keep smiling Tracy

Christine

Christine Report 30 Aug 2003 23:34

Dear Samantha, Sam, Sammie, There are so many ways to say and spell names! But, what does it matter, I am a Christine, Chrystine, Cristina, Kpuctuha, Chris, Crissie or Tina, depending on the language/person!! My Dad was definitely dyslexic, he was born in 1919 and died in 1971 (too soon). It did not stop him fighting his way all through the war (2nd WW for our younger readers!). But, people who had not done even half what he had done in his life felt they could take the mickey, only because he could not read or write properly. I even had to write out his bets on the horses for him at times!! It did not stop him being the best Dad anyone could wish for. He died 3 days after I reached age 21. it was as if he said, that's my duty done, she's a big girl now, so I can finally go. One of my sons has problems, he is not exactly dyslexic (according to the experts), but he definitely sees and reads in pictures/images instead of letters/words. This means he is an excellent goalkeeper, as he has superior visual/spacial abilities, he can pick out faults/mistakes in videos/films faster than anyone I have ever known. He has the ability to anticipate dialogue in films: "now they are going to say this, now they are going to do this". And, he is invariably right. I had no such problems, as far as I know?! I studied 3 languages, Spanish, French and Italian with great success. I am a translator and my work is with words. But, who knows? Perhaps I have some quirk which makes me whatever?! Anyway, as they say in Spain ¡Animo! which means, go for it girl! You could find the solution in the most unexpected places! Lots of luv and best wishes for the future, Chrissie (which is the name I have chosen for myself!)

John

John Report 31 Aug 2003 18:06

Samantha I have a son who is a statemented dyslexic. He has loads of confidence even though he finds reading difficult and spelling almost impossible. It goes further - dyslexics dont just have problems with reading and spelling. My son has poor memory retention and concentration. A famous dyslexic is Richard Branson. I heard him say on TV that he still has difficulty with writing and memory. He has good ideas and gets someone to write them down (if he doesnt do it himself) or after 3 minutes he said they are lost. You dont get much more succesful than him. Wherever you live there is probably a dyslexia society near you. Join it. You will get help from people who undertand. You will meet other people with the same and worse problems than you have. Best wishes. Dyslexics have a lot of qualities and gifts that the rest of us dont have. John

Samantha

Samantha Report 5 Sep 2003 16:28

I think that people with dyselicxa i think we are all special, i think maybe sometimes i think am i gonna get through college when i do the work that i am told to do i do it but it take me a long time to understand , i guess i just put my self down abit, i would like to say thanks for putting comments on the bored , iam very greatful thankyou. samanthaxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Sep 2003 20:27

I think that normally I am ok. but I have this problem with mi keebord, it gets more and more disclexic as the evening goes on......espessully after a few rum'n'cokes. and it goes heywire, ikant do a fing wiv it!