General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 29 Jul 2003 10:42

Since I've been on this site, my list of 'favourites'has become very l-o-n-g!! Every time someone suggests a site, I pop in to have a look, and if it looks interesting, I put it in my 'Favourites' to go back later for deeper investigation. Trouble is - I need a 'round tuit'. Anyone got one? Once I've got one, I'll be laughing! Anyone else having the same problem? Janet Northamptonshire

Helene

Helene Report 29 Jul 2003 11:37

Used to hav one, but it didn't work! Mags

Lynne

Lynne Report 29 Jul 2003 13:55

Janet I used to have a round tuit years ago but I lost it so I never get round to it these days. On the subject of Favourites - does anyone know a way of arranging the list alphabetically? Lynne

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 29 Jul 2003 14:39

I had a round tuit also, mine came from Australia, I'm sure thats why it never worked. S.

Debbie

Debbie Report 29 Jul 2003 15:03

Please can someone tell me what a round tout is I dont think ive got one. Debbie

Janet

Janet Report 29 Jul 2003 15:13

Debra You know - people are always saying they're going to do something when they get a 'round tuit'? I saw some for sale in a shop in Hastings once - they were wooden. I'd always wished I'd got one, but judging by the experiences of everyone else, they don't seem to be worth the money! Lynne - I haven't found a way of organising them alphabetically yet. The only thing I seem to be able to do is to create new folders, and I've already done that. It's my 'family history research' folder that's the problem! Janet. Northamptonshire

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 29 Jul 2003 15:21

glad you asked that debbie I made a note to ask my son if they would be compatible with my p c thought it was some sort of accessory Kathleen

Debbie

Debbie Report 29 Jul 2003 15:22

Janet Thanks for that, I thought I was going mad then I still didnt understand until I read it a second time. Ha ha very funny. Kathleen thats what I thought it was a computer thingy to help with the favourite page. Debbie

Vera

Vera Report 29 Jul 2003 15:38

Lynne et al To make the Favourites list alphabetically all you do is re-name them the way you want. e.g. I have the Herefordshire FHS Society whose address is rootsweb dot com. I saved it, then highlighted it with a right click on the mouse. Goto Rename on the drop down menu and type in what you want it to say. I put in Hereford FHS and it listed it under H. It should automatically adjust if the name is sufficiently different from the original. Alternatively you can left click on the name, HOLD and move it to where you want. Vera Manchester LAN

Rosi

Rosi Report 29 Jul 2003 15:42

When it's still a little list it is possible to drag and drop into alphabetical order, and I suppose if you did that once, and then meticulously did 'a drag & drop' session very frequently it might be possible to maintain an alphabetical list. But alas - I am not that organised - and have a jumble. I have dragged my most used ones to the top ish, but now there are far to many of them. Rosi

Rosi

Rosi Report 29 Jul 2003 15:45

PS. I also bought 4 'round tuits' for my kids (grown up ones) as stocking fillers last Christmas, online, from from a mail order catalogue for kids toys. One of them somehow got left here, (the tuits, not the kids) and it has my tea sitting on it at this minute beside me. Will post the catalogue address as soon as I can find it again. Rosi

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2003 16:05

Janet My mum gave us one when we started yet another old house marathon. Having moved yet again it's still packed in a box! Where in Northants? Sue

Janet

Janet Report 29 Jul 2003 17:13

Vera and Rosi - thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try! Susan - I've been thinking about your round tuit. I think the reason it doesn't work is because it's Australian. It's obviously designed to work anti-clockwise! Sue - Stanwick. Thanks for the replies - glad I'm not the only one with problems! Janet Northamptonshire

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2003 17:19

Debra & Kathleen So glad you asked - l was thinking 'awat' Jude

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2003 18:12

Janet I was hoping you might have been Towcester direction and that I knew you!! Sue