General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM export

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 5 Aug 2003 13:00

Hi, Quite a while ago "GEDCOM export" was listed as an upcoming upgrade to the site. I'm (perhaps foolishly) using GenesConnected as my main record of my family tree but would like to put it into a standalone program that offers better printing facilities (and as a backup). Could you tell me if this feature is still going to be added, and if so when? It will take me ages to 'manually' export my tree. Thanks, Rob

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2003 13:06

If you look on the left hand side of this page and scroll down, you will see 'Load Gedcom' is this what you mean. Jude

BrianW

BrianW Report 5 Aug 2003 14:30

You can import a gedcom but exporting one is not yet an option, which is why it's listed as a forthcoming upgrade.

Robert

Robert Report 5 Aug 2003 17:04

Jude: that option is to import GEDCOM; I want to export what I already have in GenesConnected. Brian: it was previously listed as an upcoming change, but has now disappeared - hence why I posted the message. Could someone from GC comment please? Thanks, Rob

Martin

Martin Report 6 Aug 2003 00:45

Try to avoid using Genes Connected as your main way of storing information. Get a good family tree program (I use LEGACY which can be downloaded free then registered later to get all its functions) where you can store and source every bit of information. You can then export that to a GEDCOM and import into Genes Connected. MB

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 6 Aug 2003 06:45

We are still looking into the possibilty of exporting Gedcoms. There a quite a few new additions we are hoping to make to the site and these will be happening over the coming months. Once the facility has been added we will let you know via our newsletter.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2003 12:30

Oooooopppss Sorry Robert. Jude