General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Present family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 31 Aug 2003 12:31

I am not only interested in my family tree going back, but I am hoping to make something with dates, names and hopefully photo's in with my parents, sister, brother, aunt, uncles and cousins and their families. Not only will i find it intersting but hopefully future generations will too. Is this a daft idea or not? Louise

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 31 Aug 2003 14:30

I think it's a great idea Louise. Especially for kids. It will give them something more to look at the than just a load of names and dates. Your rellies will also be able to pick up on family resemblences with the photos. Hours of fun I bet! Jeanette

Allie

Allie Report 31 Aug 2003 20:07

Louise, I think thats a great idea. This is what I hope to do but sadly I have loads of old photos but noone seems to know who the people in them are. It seems such a shame. Allie

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 31 Aug 2003 20:22

Hello Louise, This is my aim too. I am mostly interested in gathering photos and stories etc. to add flesh to the bones (or should I say leaves to the tree)? of my family. I have been particularly lucky with GenesConnected as I have been contacted by three cousins so far...and we have been able to swap photographs and anecdotes which I hope to be able to put together into an interesting history of my family! I have been overwhelmed to be provided with pictures of three of my great grandparents and I didn't know any photos of them even existed! With any luck my own children will want to add to it in time. I don't think I'll be able to build thousands of names in, but I'll be pleased to find details of my direct ancestors! Good luck with your research! Dierdre X