General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Channel 4's Ariel Bruce in 'Looking for Dad' HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Sep 2003 09:58

I was obviously very interested to watch this programme as I am looking for my own biological father (details on this site) and not getting very far with it. I don't know if anyone reading this, saw the programme, but it featured(although her face was obscured) a 'people finder' named Ariel Bruce. She managed to find these fathers and I am therefore wanting to find out how I can get in contact with her. I will be scouring the net, but thought i'd post this message for anyone who can help, and before you say it I did call the recorded info line at the end of the prog!. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 8 Sep 2003 10:29

hi,i came across loads of people finders,but their fee is very high,im trying to find where i put the list so i'll get back to you. tina

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 8 Sep 2003 10:37

hi again ok got it : ariel bruce 24,stanley street ,southsea,hampshire,po52ds. 02392614583. i rang are you ready for this??? £750 to start the search plus £750 once they have found them!!!! way beyond my budget. hope this helps you good luck tinaxx

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Sep 2003 11:08

Thank you for your messages. I've just been on the Ariel Bruce Associates website( found through google)and sent her an email.I haven't had a quote yet but 2 fees of £750 is beyond my budget too. If I do go ahead and have to pay, when i find him he can pay half!!. Good Luck all those searching for their fathers. It does sometimes feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. Any more info greatly appreciated.

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 8 Sep 2003 11:56

I contacted Ariel Bruce 7 years ago but was quoted £800 so didn't go any further. Am now trying to search using 1837,electorals rolls that i've recently discovered existedthrough this site.

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 8 Sep 2003 17:40

Hope to help lots of you. Please if you are adopted and looking for a parent, try ringing Joan Allen or Debbie Wilson at www.myfolks.co.uk. Will "normally" charge about £150 to find a birth parent. Will even make first contact and mediate for you. Please try. Dave. You can e mail me for more info.

Deborah

Deborah Report 8 Sep 2003 18:26

Good Luck to all you people trying to find birth parents. Just a thought. Have you tried 192.com which has electoral registers on line. Only problem is the info may be a year old. I think perseverence is the answer though. Although not trying to find a birth parent I did eventually manage to trace my dad's cousins by sending off for his uncles death certificate and getting the address of his daughter from it. The certificate was £7 but much cheaper than the £750 quoted. Also the same week the certificate arrived with the details, two 2nd cousins also contacted me after reading my message I had posted 6 months earlier. So don't give up. Debbie

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 8 Sep 2003 18:33

Hi Viv. Please,look at the website. I rang Saturday. She rang me today to say she had found my birth mother. How's that for service !! Really nice lady that will help and not rip you off.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 9 Sep 2003 11:34

hi again suzanne, i did try cilla black but the researchers said my story was'nt interesting enough! i wish i had £150 totry the lady mentioned.must buy a lottery ticket. tinax

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 9 Sep 2003 16:31

Hi Tina, Who you looking for, have you much info? Dave

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 9 Sep 2003 23:13

What about the Salvation Army? aren't they surposed to help in these matters? or am I confused with another organisation? Kim

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Sep 2003 11:49

THE SALLY ARMY NOW CHARGE FOR SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE, BUT IF YOU ARE ON BENIFITS/LOW INCOME YOU MAY PAY LESS OR NOTHING AT ALL (IM NOT SURE) HAVE YOU TRIED OBTAINING HIS NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER? THEY ALWAYS QUOTE THAT ON THEM AMERICAN CHAT SHOW PROGRAMMES, WHEN THEY HAVE PEOPLE FINDERS ON. ALSO HAVE YOU TRIED FRIENDS REUNITED WEBSITE? DOING NAME SEARCH MAY HELP. GOOD LUCK REGARDS ELAINEX

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 10 Sep 2003 12:28

the salvation army wont help if the parents werent marriedntoo simular to adpotion apparntly,baffeled me that one. david ive sent you an email take care tinax

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 Sep 2003 16:17

Hi Everyone. Just to say that I am currently going through the Salvation Army to try and find my father but they seem to be taking forever. They did find a brother which was great but my father seems as elusive as ever. They now charge £35 but still give you limited information. I have given them huge amounts of info and yet we all seem to be at a brick wall. Does anyone else feel as frustrated as me? I recently got married and am moving overseas shortly so I am feeling a little despondant. I've been at the search for 2 years and it feels like a lifetime. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go next? As like everyone else, I am on a bit of a budget. I was also trying to get info on Ariel Bruce but I think the fee has just put me off my roast dinner! Good luck everyone. Jackie