General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Guest Book is starting to look like a Trying t

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Sep 2003 04:56

Have you noticed that over the past couple of days that the Guest Book is being taken over by Trying to Find's? They don't say trying to find, but that is what they are! Margaret

Helene

Helene Report 13 Sep 2003 08:21

What does it matter anyway.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Sep 2003 13:47

I think this has to do with the thing that you can't add to the 'Trying to Find' board without that surname in your tree. I think it is a problem that GC need to address, and we will probably have to put up with it. The only thing is that these messages just get lost too quickly and rarely seem to get a response, which is a shame as most of the people who post them are probably desperate. Maz. XX

Keith

Keith Report 13 Sep 2003 21:30

Mags and David. As Marion has said, if you are trying to find someone and there is a Trying to Find Board then you are more likly to get an answer by using the correct channel. That is why it does matter, not to you or me but to them.

Helen

Helen Report 13 Sep 2003 21:52

But who really knows what the Guest Book is for? Most of us who put messages on are members not guests. Usually a Guest Book is just used to say 'oh what a lovely website'. Then none of us would bother reading it because we already know GC is wonderful.

Helene

Helene Report 13 Sep 2003 22:27

My point exactly, Helen

Andy

Andy Report 13 Sep 2003 22:51

You're right Helen, guest books are usually for site feedback. The problem is it doesn't work like a guestbook and it should resemble more the format that is used on boards such as the Members board rather than allowing users to create topics. Maybe the guest book would be better off being labelled Site Feedback then its intent is more obvious. Andy

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 14 Sep 2003 10:31

im afraid ive been guilty of putting a trying to find on this board but as maz pointed out some people are desparate to find family members and will try anything if it helps in their search.me being one of them. sorry if it causes offence but you never know one day someone might read it and spot a name they know. tina