General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new look

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 18 Sep 2003 17:11

sorry but i preferred the old look need sunglasses for this one somehow doesnt seem so friendly, bit gltterey and cold, still suppose the people will still be same , i will have to get used to it, off to the shops for new sunglasses back later sandra

Anna

Anna Report 18 Sep 2003 18:04

Hi Sandra I agree, I sent genescon 'feedback', a message of complaint: "I am afriad to say the site operates much slower for me now with the fancy new graphics (even tho I have broadband). It is quite boring & annoying to sit & wait for each page to load. I am afraid I prefered the old set up which was quicker & simpler & less distracting (& here speaks a one-time graphic designer!) I feel it looks more 'American' now........... I loved the simplicity & rawness' of the old site........ Also it is harder to read (& I am only 40!! & do not need glasses! - may need them soon after looking at the new letterring - small green on green lettering is harder for the eye to read - it is giving me a headache!) so I feel sorry for older people who wish to use the site - I fear they may not bother now or give up - & older people are a genealogists most valuable asset! Sorry! (I'm sure you didn't want to hear that!) but I just had to let you know! It is taking so long to send this message that I am able to keep adding more sentances of complaint!........last time I looked at the clock it was 17.12....it is now 17.28 & it still hasn't sent!...." They just wrote back & said it was slow because of high levels of traffic - no mention of the annoying new graphics! When I looked at my 'tree page' I just though 'yeuch' - baby colours & the names of my relatives are much harder to read now - I have to really strain my eyes to focus on the titchy fancy lettering. Bring back the old graphics I say! And I agree with you Sandra that that it is very 'dazzling' too - especiially with this white background............I hate to complain about this site which has been so much fun to use.........but I have to agreee with you Sandra!!...... Anna

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 18 Sep 2003 22:35

mm yes well, At first thought the colour was better - but after a while on -NO. Too slow, adverts annoying, ............ Liz

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Sep 2003 22:40

After only a short time on here have difficulty focusing and now my headaches. Please can we go back to the old format - much more restful and easier to use.

Sandra

Sandra Report 18 Sep 2003 22:43

well I have got my sunglasses but it doesnt help, I am finding it much slower and it will take a lot of getting used to. the messages were so easy to read before like everyone else I dont want to moan but MOAN MOAN there its made me use capitals sandra