General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please please please turn it off

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 19 Sep 2003 10:20

please turn off the flashing

Sidami

Sidami Report 19 Sep 2003 11:40

I agree. its like being at the fairground, I think if we all complain then something will be done!!!!!!!!! Sue.........

Jason

Jason Report 19 Sep 2003 11:57

I am sorry but I cant see any flashing. Am I missing something?

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Sep 2003 14:10

ive also got sky and empire!!! cant be doing with this,pleeeese turn it offff!!!!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 19 Sep 2003 18:42

lucky you I have got a bright pink advert for BT at top but laso have the sky advert same as everyone. And I agree it's very annoying. Shelli now top one's O2, give us a break please GC

Jorvikmik

Jorvikmik Report 21 Sep 2003 09:42

The SKY advert is extremely annoying - They forgot to say that if you in a more remote area we will make appointments and not come - But we will give you a free months viewing on the system you do not have. This of course you cannot have if you install your own system at full price - Extremely Annoying

47551 Report 21 Sep 2003 14:43

I agree. I is really annoying (can't stand much more of it). More to the point - it cheapens the look of the site. Nes

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Sep 2003 15:08

I know I've said this before, but if you get an ad blocker on your PC you don't get any ad's, flashing or not. Mine comes as part of Norton security but there are lots of others around. Zone Alarm do one too. Margaret

Lynne

Lynne Report 21 Sep 2003 17:13

Do you know (well Agnes might!) I had'nt even noticed the flashing till I looked on here!

Robert

Robert Report 23 Sep 2003 15:17

How about just removing some of the ads for those of use that have registered? We've paid you our money so surely that can also 'buy' us less ads than those that haven't?

Robert

Robert Report 23 Sep 2003 15:17

How about just removing some of the ads for those of use that have registered? We've paid you our money so surely that can also 'buy' us less ads than those that haven't?

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 23 Sep 2003 16:34

Dear Members, Our developement team are looking into what they can do to assist you in blocking these adverst. We appreciat your patience whilst we work on this. ## Please could we also politely ask that any questions are sent directly to the GenesConnected Support Team through the Help area of the website rather than being posted here - these Message Boards are intended for you, our members to use and the GenesConnected team may well miss certain postings on here - you can be guaranteed of a quicker response if you email our support team directly! ##