General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joan Re:MAILWASH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 26 Sep 2003 21:00

Joan. I have just looked at web site mailwash looked very good but after reading it it looks like they do require money or have i r ead it wrong they say it is to get support. Mary

Helene

Helene Report 26 Sep 2003 21:26

Mailwasher is free! It's NZ company. Brilliant for checking emails, can bounce back spam. Mags (NZ)

Mary

Mary Report 26 Sep 2003 22:05

Mags Thanks i will give it a go Mary

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 26 Sep 2003 23:27

I downloaded it but found it would not work with AOL so had to delete it Len

Mary

Mary Report 26 Sep 2003 23:30

Len I have downloaded but i am with aol so it might no be any good then Mary

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 27 Sep 2003 23:16

Peter I am almost computer illiterate so shall be glad to hear how you get on with it. I tried and tried then read in a magazine (Computer Active I think) that it wouldn't work with some servers including AOL so at that point I uninstalled it. Len

Mary

Mary Report 27 Sep 2003 23:32

Len I am the same as you i dont know if its working or not when i put computer on its showing on screen but thats all i know and i have not got any idea on how to uninstall if its not working.I should have known better i dont even understand the Sky remote. Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2003 00:57

HI, I downloaded mailwasher, believing it to be free, and after about 2 or 3 days got a letter welcoming me to the 30 day free trial, and offering me a 30% reduction in the full price if I purchased within 2 days. I did so as it seemed a good product, but then had Norton 2004 installed and got message telling me to turn off Mailwasher. Since I'd had it less than 2 weeks I uninstalled it and requested a refund, which they are now refusing. So, beware of free offers!!And don't be rushed into taking 2 day offers of a discount, as I foolishly did. Does anyone know if there ever WAS a genuine free offer, or was it all just a come-on? Di.

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 16 Oct 2003 16:36

If you have a web-based e-mail account such as Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL or Juno (or any other account which requires you to log in to a web page to check your mail), then MailWasher can't help you yet. Support for these services is coming in approximately 2 months. At the moment, MailWasher does not cater for IMAP mail servers either Anyone who fits into the above category may be better using mail2web (dot) c o m - you just put in your email address and password and you can pick up your mail from any computer anywhere in the world, read it, delete it, answer it but not bounce it.