General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

URGENT - STOP GOVT PROPOSALS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 27 Sep 2003 14:54

A) READ ANDREW'S MESSAGE ON THE TIPS BOARD. B) GET A FLASH NOTICE PUT ON THIS WEBSITE! C) TELL EVERY GENEALOGIST THAT YOU KNOW!

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 Sep 2003 10:53

nudge

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 28 Sep 2003 10:59

Will take action today!! Elisabeth

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Oct 2003 13:32

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Oct 2003 14:22

Mines going to 10 Downing St as well:))))))))) jude

Sheila

Sheila Report 9 Oct 2003 22:03

Nudge

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 9 Oct 2003 23:34

I got this info when I went to my Local family history group today Civil Registration: Delivering Vital Change Responses to Lorraine Coal Civil Registration Review Consultation Room 126 General Register Office Smedley Hydro, Trafalgar Road. Southport, Merseyside PR8 2HH there is an e-mail address but Genes conc keeps altering it

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 Oct 2003 23:38

Brenda Can you repeat that e-mail address for registration review in a format that this site will accept, please. I've just faxed my MP and want to copy it to the registrar.

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 9 Oct 2003 23:43

Sorry Brian I have tried various ways and it always takes part of it out so I will try this and see if it works registration.review.at.ons.gov.uk yes I checked and it works you all know the sign for at that has to be inserted Bren

BrianW

BrianW Report 10 Oct 2003 06:48

Thanks

Rosi

Rosi Report 11 Oct 2003 21:39

nudge. time is running out Rosi

BrianW

BrianW Report 15 Oct 2003 16:34

Just a reminder to put pen to paper or fingers to keys. I faxed my MP and had a reply today thanking me for bringing it to his attention as he knew nothing about the proposals, so it looks as if this is something B Liar and friends is trying to sneak in through the back door. Time is running out.

Dawn

Dawn Report 15 Oct 2003 17:25

IM SORRY BUT DONT KNOW WHO ANDREW IS AND CANT FIND HIS MESSAGE WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 17:22

l sent mine to 10 Downing St and had a reply yesterday - which says: The Prime Minister has asked me to thank you for your recent letter. Mr Blair would like to reply personally, but as you will appreciate he receives many thousands of letters each week and this is not possible. The matter you raise is the responsibility of HM Treasury, therefore he has asked that your letter be forwarded to that Department so that they may reply to you on his behalf. Yours sincerely S KHANAM Ooooo, wounder if l will get another reply Jude

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 18:51

Yes l did Jude (you'll have to be quick then!!! lol)