General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT HAPPENED TO 'HOW COME THE EXTRA FEE' THREAD..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 13:51

Oooo aaa - l put a message on the thread and now its disapeared, or is it me??? Jude

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 1 Oct 2003 13:57

The threads were there half an hour ago!! Perhaps Agnes knows.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 14:06

Jacky - it has gone has'nt it??? That Agnes has got alot to answer forrr:)) Its likely that GC have deleted it,but l thought they said they don't read the boards!!!! Jude

Janet

Janet Report 1 Oct 2003 14:08

There were two threads relating to this, weren't there? Well, there were an hour or so ago, because I read them! It'll be interesting to see how long this one stays here then! Janet

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Oct 2003 14:28

Go on Jude, What did you put on to make them remove the thread. There were two of them but they weren't that contentious the last time I read them Ann Glos

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 1 Oct 2003 14:30

Dear Members, The thread was removed as the people who did have a question regarding the fee for upgrade on GenesConnected had already received personal replies from the GenesConnected support team. Regrettably the conflicting information posted by other members was causing unnecessary confusion so it was decided to remove the thread. To confirm again, the annual charge to upgrade to full membership is currently £7.50. As this is still a new website and it is not a year since we created an upgraded membership, there is no such thing as renewals just yet. However, when it is time for renewals, it will be the same price to renew an upgraded membership as it would be to pay to upgrade for the first time. ## Please could we again politely ask that any questions that you have regarding the website or your membership are sent directly to the GenesConnected Support Team through the Help area of the website rather than being posted here - these Message Boards are intended for you, our members to use and, although we do read the boards from time to time, we are a very small team at GenesConnected and we may well miss certain postings on here - you can also be guaranteed of a quick personal response if you email our support team directly ## Your co-operation is much appreciated.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 14:34

To GC This is exactly what l was thinking so my message was for them to read your message dated 26/09/03,but you got there first.. I knew what u said all along but it was getting confusing. Jude

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 1 Oct 2003 14:45

At least now we all know !! Sally

Janet

Janet Report 1 Oct 2003 15:08

What? Even Agnes?!

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 1 Oct 2003 15:37

It may have been that the information was conflicting and some people were confused by it, but did that mean that the thread had to be removed? Couldn't the explanation now given by GC have been given days ago on the thread even though they 'don't' read the boards?

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 1 Oct 2003 19:40

I think there is confusion over being a full member with the ability to send e-mails to other members and being able to view their trees (if they give access to these), this costs £5 annually. A registered member can access the message boards and I believe can also put on their tree but they cannot e-mail other members thus they cannot view other trees. This is free. It seems the annual fee may have gone up to £7.50. Kathleen