General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I change my name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Meryl

Meryl Report 8 Oct 2003 10:22

Hi can sombody help me please, so I can change the name that appears when I leave a thread, something more than just Meryl Dent,Thanks

Meryl

Meryl Report 8 Oct 2003 10:34

Thanks Max!

Janet

Janet Report 8 Oct 2003 11:15

Thanks, I have wondered about this as well Janet

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Oct 2003 11:16

Maryl. . . . To Change your ID Name in Gene Connected. . . . . . . 1.) Go to Gene Connected Home page. 2.) On left hand side of the screen. . . click on “ Edit/View Details “ NEW WINDOW. 3.) Put in your password and click “ Submit” NEXT WINDOW. Your Details. 4.) In the 1st Box down…. delete what’s here.. . . then Type in… Maryl ( in lowercase if you want) 5.) In 4thBox down named…. Your current Surname ( if Different ) Delete what’s there and type in…. from ….. ( or what ever you want ) 6.) SCROLL DOWN. . .. click “ Save changes” Go back to home page . . . . “ BINGO “ there you go. It will change there and then ( to confirm this look on left hand side on top of the site menu on the home page it should read ) :-. . . . . . Maryl. . . . . ….or you might have to go out of site and then go back in again for it to change. TIP OF THE DAY. Print this off first, then refer to it when your altering you details. MIKE.

Keith

Keith Report 8 Oct 2003 12:27

Hello Meryl on the Norfolk Coast, this is Keith on the Norfolk Coast (Hunstanton) What a jolly day it is today, I don't think.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Oct 2003 14:21

does this change your name on your family tree??? just having a thick day!!!...LOL)

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 15:07

Hi Meryl and Keith on the Norfolk coast, Say hello to Burnham Market for Norfolk boy hubby John and me if you pass that way. Di Osborne, Tsawwassen.

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Oct 2003 15:08

Susie. . . . The short answer to that is NO. . . You think your furry friends might go away then ?....lol

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Oct 2003 19:32

mike they havn't been back since hubby set trap!!! p'raps he scared 'em off by fixing the leeky tap!!!...lol