General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

success not on my side

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 9 Oct 2003 02:32

I must be the only one left ', I must be the only one who knows me' Iv joined friends Reunited over a year ago nobody seems to remember me and I must have been the only 6ft 2ins 12year old all them years ago. Now Iv joined Genes connected and I dont seem to have any family past my mother and father. O but it might be me, maybe they dont like me if thats it please please somebody tell me what Im doing thats upset everyone. cathy

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 9 Oct 2003 04:25

Catherine, Do you know details of your grandparents? You could start there,,and dont forget we are all here to help you. Dont give up before youv started, genealogy is wonderful . especially when you make the big 'discovery'

Gary

Gary Report 9 Oct 2003 07:28

Catherine You have to work at it. Don't expect to find anyone on this site, I never have since I joined many, many months ago. This site will provide you with many helpful tips and people will look things up for you. But you have to do all the searching yourself, it will take you a few weeks to establish a basic tree, months to get back a few generations and a life time to complete. And it won't come cheap. Gary

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 Oct 2003 10:53

From a practical point of view, everybody has family back past their mother and father, it's just a case of identifying them!

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2003 09:44

Cathy, why don't you give us something to go on! Whet our appetites and see what happens. You never know! Eleanor

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 10 Oct 2003 10:09

cathy hi,please dont give up there's so many nice helpfull people on here once you get going you'll be amazed at what family members turn up. ive only had 2 replys from fr sometimes people dont bother reading emails for ages. take care tinax