General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hetty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 10 Oct 2003 19:05

I am looking for a Hetty Cross. Can anybody tell me what Hetty is short for Thanks Terry This is not a trying to find message

Andy

Andy Report 10 Oct 2003 19:14

I could be wrong but isn't it short for Henrietta? I remember there being a programme called Hetty Wainthrop Investigates starring Patricia Routledge of Hyacinth "Bouquet" fame.

Iz

Iz Report 10 Oct 2003 19:14

I would think it is most likely to be Henrietta. Iz.

Terence

Terence Report 10 Oct 2003 19:19

Thanks folks but no Henrietta on site or on 1901 census. Any more suggestions welcome Terry

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Oct 2003 20:28

Hi, Maybe Harriet? Gwynne

Terence

Terence Report 10 Oct 2003 20:41

Thanks Gwynne, but nothing that fits her in GC or 1901 census Regards Terry

Beryl

Beryl Report 10 Oct 2003 21:13

Terry, There is Hetty Cross aged 20 born Birmingham in Admin.Parish of Bristol in 1901. She is a tailoress. Have you ruled her out? Beryl DUR.

Rosi

Rosi Report 10 Oct 2003 21:34

I think it could be short for Harriet/Harriot.

Ginny

Ginny Report 10 Oct 2003 22:50

Could be Esther

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 10 Oct 2003 23:48

I went to school with a girl known as Hetty, her name was Hester and it was a family name. Her mother and g.mother were also Hetty/Hester. Might be worth a try.