General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One found

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 13 Oct 2003 22:39

I made contact with someon who had a name as one in my tree. Found out that his son - an uncle by marriage was still alive - waiting for contact back - as havenot seen uncle in over 30 years.

Heather

Heather Report 13 Oct 2003 22:43

congratulations - hope you hear soon hevi

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Oct 2003 10:08

hi elizabeth, my grandmother was a cornish mildred ellen cornish her father was ebeneezer petherbridge cornish if these were in your tree sure you would remember!! must see if any connection mostly come from south london greenwich lewisham ring any bells sandra

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 14 Oct 2003 12:13

Hi Sandra Cornish is hubby's side - and cannot say that I have seen those names - as you said they would have stuck out. His family came from the Peckham ara. Liz

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 14 Oct 2003 16:37

Liz, did you know there is a one name study of the name Cornish? Ros

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 14 Oct 2003 20:37

Hi Ros I didn't - do you know the address of hand? Will let hubby know - as he's now doing his tree too Liz

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Oct 2003 21:01

Hi all I would like to know address for name studyplease, elizabeth , know peckham quite well from my misbegotton youth its very close to greenwich and brockley so never know might tie up our cornish,s sometime feel free to email me if I can help at anytime sandra

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 14 Oct 2003 21:24

Hi Sandra You never know!! Mind you - would you want to know my hubbys "lot"? I think I marrid into funny house

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 14 Oct 2003 21:34

Guild of One Name Studies (GOONS) www.one-name.org

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Oct 2003 22:32

ros thanks will try that elizabeth you should come to our house!!!!!!! sandra

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 15 Oct 2003 19:22

Thanks Ros - will also try. Sandra if I send you hubby - you want to come here for some P and Q?? Liz

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Oct 2003 21:18

sounds like a great idea to me sandra

Michael

Michael Report 17 Nov 2003 15:53

Elizabeth- i have a cousin by your name michael Blake

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Nov 2003 18:34

Hi Michael Cornish is my married name, maiden name Porter. Would you be cousin of Hubby - Larry?? Liz