General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JUDES First.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2003 10:47

Just had to tell everyone - l have just ordered my first certificate.The marriage of my Grand Father Bernard Meninsky(artist and war correspondent) - it was hiding in 1918 instead of 1917, so excited and can't wait till 20th Oct - the arrival day!!! YESSSSSSSS Jude:))))))))))))))

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Oct 2003 11:02

Jude Don't get too excited, don't want to put you down but my last lot of certs (2) were supposed to arrive on on the 10th Oct. One arrived this morning (14th) and the other is to follow!!! Paitence is a virtue in this game Margaret

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 14 Oct 2003 11:37

WELL DONE MY LITTLE BLUEBELL!!!:)) ive only got 3 certs and awaiting the arrival of a will,which should be here on 28 october..waiting and counting...lol susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2003 13:52

Well Jude - they say you will always remember your first lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2003 14:00

Cheers Margaret - my mum always said that:))) Susie - exciting is'nt it:))) Fanx She:)) Jude

Jen

Jen Report 14 Oct 2003 16:43

jude thats great it was like waiting for a life time waiting for my first certificate to come but can see you dancing around the floor know when it arrives lol congratulation now you will be hooked on ordering more

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Oct 2003 21:05

Its great that first certificate more names to look up everytime one arrives my fingars itch to get to the keyboard usually work gets in the way but you will be hooked, no stopping you now. good luck sandra

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Oct 2003 23:19

Go Jude Go well done heres to many more

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2003 23:21

Cheers everyone Cheers:)))) Jude

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 00:30

Wishing you many many more Jude :0) Regards Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 08:24

Oh gawd Viv - that could be devestation - l'm usually at the puter with a bowl of cereal:)))) No:((((( Do u think he would bring it today,been looking for him!! lol Jude

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 17 Nov 2003 00:42

Hi Jude, I got my last certificate from the GRO the day before it was due to be despatched!! Maggy, West Yorkshire

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 17 Nov 2003 05:43

Well Jude,,,Did it arrive on time? Was it all you'd hoped it would be? Please tell us,,I , for one am dying to know. I appreciate the feeling of receiving another bit of the puzzle,,its so exciting,,!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2003 08:49

Oh l do apologise,most of you would know that l received the cert,cause l told everyone on the members brd. Yes it is lovely and in place in a folder in one of those see through sleeves.The date on the little receipt said post 20/10/03, can't remember which date it arrived but it was'nt late!!! Congrats Margaret on receiving yours also. I think l have just found my grt grd f on mums side,if its him he was living with his wife,father,mother, and brother - l very nearly blew all gaskets with excitement.Will check it later as out for the day today. Cheers folks and happy hunting:)) Jude