General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Supersleuths Ltd. Your help needed again - THORNBU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Oct 2003 18:45

I know you are all such a clever lot out there and all love a challenge so..... 3 of us from different lines are all looking for our Great Grandmother but we can't find her!! Her name was Mary Ann Thornbury and on all of her children's birth certificates it is stated she was born in Kilkenny approx 1851 and also on any census returns we have seen (married name of Plummer). Non of us can find any Thornbury's in Kilkenny, Dublin (where she met her husband) or anywhere else. We would love to know who her parents were and when she married. Even if there were any siblings. A variety of spellings have been tried but nothing. So any information at all would be very very welcome. Thanks in grateful aniticipation, Jacky xx :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 14:24

Jacky This is prob not the one but here goes: Mary Plummer-Head-wid-50-corn miller-born St ervan. Bernard Plummer-son-s-21-tin miner-born St ervan. Walter Plummer-son-s-18-tin miner-born St ervan. William Plummer-son-s-16-agricultural labr-born St agnes. John Plummer - son-s-14- ----------assistant-born St agnes. Eccl P.Mount Hawke.Village/Hamlet Trenithick or Tremethick.Truro.Civil P.St Agnes. RG 12/1828. folio-27. pge-5 ED-4 More to look at Jude

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 21 Oct 2003 16:36

Thanks for that Judith. Another Plummer family I haven't seen before!! I am actually ok on that line, it is the Thornbury line I am trying to get any information on. Mary Ann seems to have popped up without any background, parents etc. I have written to people on GC as there are only 12 Thornburys listed and as yet have had no replies. Others have managed to remove a brick or two from their walls so hopefully in time........... Jacky :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 16:46

Jacky - l have found a Mary Plummer born in Cork Ire,now married to a Harry Plummber,she's aged 27yrs in 1891 census,do u want anymore details,she's prob too young though.... jude

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 21 Oct 2003 19:22

Thanks Jude but that won't be the one. From the day she married we can follow her life through and know where she was living etc. It is before the marriage that is drawing blanks - all the time when she was still Thornbury. As she was Irish, I think this could be one of those that will remain a mystery as records were destroyed, unless family from her siblings are still around and looking at GC! Jacky