General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is Efalyshdd, Denbighshire?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 27 Oct 2003 20:52

A kind person has done a census look up for me and a birth place of Efalyshdd, Denbighshire has shown up. I have done a google search but that didn't reveal anything. Neither did looking at the Denbighshire County Council website. Please can anyone give me any clues as to where or what this place name is. Thanks, Cathy

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 Oct 2003 20:58

Don't know Wales at all but from road atlas:- Efail Isaf - just East of Llantrisant Efailnewydd - just Nth West of Pwllheli I'm none the wiser!! Couldn't say them if you paid me. Maz. XX

Crista

Crista Report 27 Oct 2003 22:21

Cathy, Where were they living at the time of the census? That might give a clue. Could be Efenechtyd. Crista

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Oct 2003 09:34

Thanks everyone, I thought it must be mis spelt. The family were in Manchester at the time, so no clues there. Thanks again Cathy.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 28 Oct 2003 09:42

If they weren't actually in Wales, then there was prob some confusion over spelling as you say. Shouldn't think the ennumerator would have been Welsh. Would have been a coincidence! He probably just thought "blimey" and made it up!! Maz. XX

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Oct 2003 19:08

I think you're probably right Maz. The enumerator would never have dreamt that over a hundred years later someone would be pulling their hair out trying to find out what it meant. Thanks, Cathy