General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any one know any carricks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gavin

Gavin Report 29 Oct 2003 17:48

born in exeter 1979 got a half brother and sister born in the york area i have never met.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2003 17:50

have you added messages on the trying to find board? and good luck in your search she

Gavin

Gavin Report 29 Oct 2003 17:54

thanks she

Lois

Lois Report 29 Oct 2003 19:01

My daughter's half-brother has Carrick as a middle name. Will try to find out where they got it from.

Jane

Jane Report 30 Oct 2003 06:03

Hi Gavin The teacher of my son and daughter was a Mrs Carrick. I'm sorry I don't know her christian name. The school is St Chads in Headingley, Leeds, the telephone number is 0113 214 4519. I don't know if she is still there as my youngest left primary school 9 years ago, but it might be worth giving them a call. Good luck Jane.

Gavin

Gavin Report 30 Oct 2003 17:06

thanks for your responses so far :)

Pamela

Pamela Report 1 Nov 2003 22:32

There are Carricks in the North East, I know of some with Northumbrian origins, and locally in Sunderland Carricks was a chain of bakers who had cake shops anyone brought up in post war Sunderland willknow about Carricks cakes. Best of lick in tracking down your origins. Pam