General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BBC1 Tonight. Adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2003 19:04

I notice there is a Prog scheduled for tonight at 9 on BBC1 entitled "Separated at Birth" I understand it will be interviewing siblings who have renewed contact.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 29 Oct 2003 22:14

Ray and Jim, I thought it very sad and happy at the same time. Lets hope that things go well for all the families. I am so pleased to have not had such heartache. Elisabeth

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2003 22:38

If anyone recored this Theresa in Cork Ireland would love u for ever,especially if you could send it to her Jude

Heather

Heather Report 29 Oct 2003 22:43

i watched it too, bawled my eyes out its sad for the parents to have had to make those choices in the first place but im glad it seems to be working out for them all hevi

Anna

Anna Report 30 Oct 2003 14:21

Made me cry too, but how fortunate they were to have discovered families who welcomed them with open arms. My birth family (recently discovered) of one half sister and two half brothers want nothing to do with me and have very effectively cut me off from finding out information about blood relations.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Oct 2003 20:43

anna they might change their minds after some thought i hope so lou

Janet

Janet Report 30 Oct 2003 23:38

adoption can bring happiness and complications but honesty from the begging must help.jade is a good example .