General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Date of Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 31 Oct 2003 22:30

Would anybody have any suggestions as to how one would find the date of birth of somebody with only a name to go by, tricky eh?

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Oct 2003 23:04

There must be a clue. For example approximately 3 generations on average spanned a century. If you are looking for X's mother you can work out from X's birthday that her mother wa in her fertile years, say between 16 and 40. This means that you have already narrowed the search to a 24 year period. You also have the chance of finding her on a Census which not only may give you her age, but also her place of birth. If you want to give more details I will put the thinking cap on.

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2003 01:05

Wendy, You could try and find a death record for them if you know the area and the name isn't that common. Crista

Monica

Monica Report 3 Nov 2003 17:49

If you find them on a census it will give their age and place of birth you could wade through the birth indexes at Islington or try freebmd etc. By the way I am trying to trace how a John Faiers from old Newton in suffolk is related to my Potters- any links?